It’s almost officially fall, which means breaking out the slow cooker for the yummiest comfort foods and coziest meals to make as the temps outside get cooler and we spend more time indoors with our families. This slow cooker pork tenderloin is also a great way to switch up your slow cooker meals, if you’re used to a lot of chicken or beef recipes. Now, what to do…
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe
1 pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
½ tablespoon red chili flakes
1. Turn slow cooker on low, add chicken broth and pork tenderloin.
2. In small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary, and red chili flakes.
3. Pour over meat in slow cooker.
4. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Remove pork and serve with remaining sauce.
If you saw my turkey chili recipe, you may have noticed how crazy I am about my slow cooker lately. It’s an essential as a busy momma! I recently made this beef stew that turned out too delicious not to share (and was mommy makeover approved, too – major bonus!). Here’s what you need…
1lb beef stew meat, cut
2 celery ribs
4 cups beef broth
Small can tomato paste
¼ cup flour
2 garlic gloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp brown sugar
Salt & pepper
Dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt and splash of lemon juice, mixed together
1. Chop beef, coat in flour, and brown in a skillet. Place in slow cooker.
2. Add oil to pan. Combine tomato paste and beef broth and heat, stir in flour and continue to stir 1-2 mins.
3. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper, and brown sugar.
4. Lastly, chop and sauté all veggies until slightly soft, then transfer to cooker.
5. Give it a good mix and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Optional: Top with the yogurt blend to give it the flavor of sour cream but healthier.
This will make a BIG pot for the whole family. Snip some fresh herbs and toss ‘em on top!
What other kinds of recipes would you like to see on the blog? I’ll get cookin’! J