It’s almost officially fall, which means breaking out the slow cooker for the yummiest comfort foods and coziest meals to make as the temps outside get cooler and we spend more time indoors with our families. This slow cooker pork tenderloin is also a great way to switch up your slow cooker meals, if you’re used to a lot of chicken or beef recipes. Now, what to do…
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe
1 pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
½ tablespoon red chili flakes
1. Turn slow cooker on low, add chicken broth and pork tenderloin.
2. In small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary, and red chili flakes.
3. Pour over meat in slow cooker.
4. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Remove pork and serve with remaining sauce.
The warm temps may be here for another month (at least), but that doesn’t mean I’m going to swap the red wine for white. Actually, it means I’m going to find a summery way to incorporate red into my entertaining menu! You won’t find anything like this sangria, which uses a medley of fresh fruits (that can easily be swapped for whatever you have on hand) and Grand Marnier rather than brandy.
Here’s what you need to make a pitcher:
1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
½ cup sugar
1/2-3/4 cup Grand Marnier
3 juiced oranges
As far as the fruit goes, you can really mix in as little or as much as you’d like! Pour the liquids in, stir in the sugar, and add the fruits to your liking. Refrigerate overnight for strongest flavor and add ice before serving.
Garnish with blueberries and a strawberry if you like!
Until you have a slow cooker, you never know how truly simple and flavorful all your favorite meals can be. It’s life changing! Take these steak fajitas – a classic dish that so many of us would prefer to order out rather than try to perfect at home. But once you try this slow cooker version, you’ll be able to enjoy the yummiest steak from the comfort of your kitchen. Here’s the recipe:
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
1lb sirloin cut into strips
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 garlic clove, mincedå
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp steak seasoning
½ tsp chili powder
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
small flour tortillas
- Brown the meat on the stovetop; remove and add to slow cooker
- Add lime juice, garlic, and seasonings/spices
- Cook on high for about three hours, adding the onion and bell pepper after two
- Serve on a tortilla topped with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro
Recipe adapted from Food.com.
Don’t get me wrong, we grill at every possible opportunity in the summer, but sometimes you just want something to pop in the oven and pair with a light side. Chicken wings are delicious, but if fried up they can get unhealthy quickly. Luckily, these oven baked hot wings won’t throw your health goals off!
For this you’ll need chicken wings, seasoning, Frank’s original RedHot sauce, and butter. Yum!
Prepare your chicken and pop it in the oven (on a greased or non-stick pan). Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning them halfway through.
Meanwhile, heat up the hot sauce in a saucepan. Mix in ½ stick of butter and whatever seasonings you’d like.
Now it’s time to brush the sauce onto the warm chicken. You can also toss the wings in the sauce.
Feel free to add extra seasonings or garnishes like bleu cheese crumbles or green onions, too!
What are your favorite summer meals?
Hostess tip for all you ladies entertaining this summer: homemade doesn’t have to be hard. Don’t over complicate things. It’s easy to get caught up in the baking, recipe creating, décor hunting, color pairing madness of holidays, but you know what? It’s summer. ‘Tis the season of family fun and casual holidays.
You can whip up a signature recipe or two and still have time to actually hangout with everyone that’s lounging in your backyard too, especially with a dessert like a classic berries and cream in a mason jar. Like a parfait without the granola or trifle without the angel food cake, this layered dish has a patriotic flair without any baking or prep mess! Here’s how it’s done:
Ingredients (for each mason jar):
– 1/2 cup strawberries
– 1/3 cup blueberries
– whipped cream mixture to layer in between (cool whip, store bought or homemade, + 1/8 tsp vanilla extract + 1 spoonful of plain yogurt for each mason jar)
1. Create whipped cream mixture by mixing the three ingredients with a spoon until blended and vanilla is distributed.
2. Layer cream, one set of berries, cream, and top with last set of berries.
3. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Do you have any 4th of July staples?
June is here, and you what that means… A summer of grilling! If you’re new to preparing steak or grilling in general, this recipe is for you. The flank steak isn’t tough to figure out and prepare to your liking, and chimichurri sauce is basically tons of delicious, flavorful ingredients all mixed up together.
1 flank steak
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup parsley
½ cup cilantro
1 teaspoon oregano
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 avocado, sliced in small pieces
juice of 1 lime
1. Turn the grill on high. Sear both sides of seasoned steak for 1-2 minutes each. Then move it off the direct heat and grill on medium for about 4-6 more minutes.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl until they resemble a chunky sauce, distributing the seasoning throughout.
3. Spread sauce on steak and enjoy!
Have you tried steak and chimichurri before?