Today is Mother’s Day. It’s a day to celebrate the woman who brought you into this world, and in many cases, praise those who raised us in a loving, but tough, family. My mom did a wonderful job with us kids. She believed in us, she kept us in check and she made me realized that anything is possible.
Not until having Aden did I truly understand that level of shared love. She would say that you won’t understand until you’re a parent–there is no love like that between a mother and her child. And how right she was. There isn’t a heart big enough to contain all of that love. As mothers, we would walk to the end of the earth for our children. We want to protect them, nourish them and guide them into greatness. And I know for me, it changed my life–I love being a mom for these reasons:
1. Seeing the world through my son’s eyes. I don’t take the simple things in life for granted.
2. Learning the vast amount of LOVE the human heart can give.
3. My son’s hugs and kisses can change my day for the better EVERY time.
4. I’m a completely different person. I’ve changed for the better.
5. Having children has given me a new perspective on life.
Aden has reached the age where he is starting to verbalize his wants and needs and while it can be trying, there is no better joy than seeing my little man love and learn. Soon I’ll be able to share that same passion and support with my daughter.
Happy Mother’s Day to my Momma Darlene, my Sis Tia and to all the mommies out there. Enjoy your well deserved day.